Hi friends . Sorry it took me while to post a recipe due to a long summer vacation ,and getting back into routine is so much harder than i thought.Enjoyed my time thoroughly with family ,friends ,shopping and of course lots of food .After 5 weeks of no cooking and eating delicious food mom made, all i wanted to do after getting back was laze around and sleep.
Anyways.Who is ready for fall ? Well, I am not. Not ready to let go off summer yet .Will miss the fruit , barbecues ,fresh dips and the refreshing drinks. One of my favorite dip is guacamole especially home made with fresh flavors of jalapenos and tangy limes. So, thought of adding the same flavors to my Hummus. This is the most creamiest & delicious hummus you will ever eat. It has the smokiness of the roasted peppers , spice from jalapenos and is super creamy with avocado. Enjoy.
Roasted Pepper and Avocado Hummus
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Garbanzo beans ( Soaked and Boiled or Canned)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Avocado ( Chopped )
- 2 Jalapenos (Chopped )
- 1 Tbsp Tahini Paste
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- Salt as needed
For Baked Pita Chips
- 6-8 No Pita Bread ( Store Bought )
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil or Oliveoil .
- 1 tsp Dry Italian Herb seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Place the green Bell pepper on the burner of a gas stove turned to High heat for approximately 3-4 mins turning often . The pepper will start to pop and blister. Roast it until completely Charred .
- Remove the charred pepper from the fire and set aside in a bowl. Cover the bowl with a lid so the steam does not escape. After 10 mins when the pepper is cool enough scrape the skin off from the flesh.
- Ina food processor or a blender combine Garbanzo beans , Roasted pepper , Chopped avocado,chopped Jalapenos , garlic cloves ,olive oil and blend it for 2 minutes.
- Now add lemon juice ,tahini paste and salt as needed and blend it until smooth for 2 more minutes.
- Scoop everything in to a bowl & drizzle it with some olive oil ,sprinkle with some cayenne pepper & serve with home baked pita chips.
Pre heat the oven to 400*F. In a small bowl mix Oil , salt and Italian seasoning mix . Cut up Pita bread into 8 wedges and brush oil mixture on both sides . Place them on a baking sheet and bake them until crisp and golden for approx 6 to 8 mins.
Thanks for stopping by and please give your feedback by commenting at the bottom of the page.