If you know me personally ,you would know that i have never been a morning person. I can stay up as late as i can, but waking up early in the morning is a task. But living in sunny California ,occasionally i feel the need to getup early and hit the farmers market. Weekends seem more productive and i get motivated to start the week healthy with all the fresh fruit and veggies. Made these margaritas with watermelon & some strawberries i picked at the local market.
- 1 cup watermelon cubes (frozen)
- 1 cup watermelon cubes fresh
- 1/2 cup strawberries (frozen)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 tbsp simple syrup (more if u like it sweeter )
- 2 shots Tequila (more if you like stronger drinks)
- 1 cup ice
- Some sugar to rim the glasses
- lime wedges for garnish
- Cut up watermelon into small cubes and freeze 1 cup to be used later
- To make simple syrup add one cup water to one cup granulated sugar in a sauce pan & heat it until its completely dissolved. Cool to room temperature and set aside.
- Take a flat plate with granulated sugar . Run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass & invert it onto the plate so that the sugar coats the rim. Put them in the fridge for few mins so the glasses are chilled.
- In a blender or a vita mix add water melon cubes frozen and fresh , strawberries ,ice , lime juice , simple syrup ,tequila and blend until smooth. Pour this into the sugar rimmed glasses and garnish with lime wedges. Serve them immedeatly.
Thanks for stopping by and please give your feedback by commenting at the bottom of the page.