When I moved to the U.S my first Meal (outside) was at Baja Fresh Mexican Grill. I never ate Mexican food until then. I ordered tacos with grilled chicken which reminded me of something i ate in India called Frankie/Kati Roll. Frankie is a famous street food made with any kind of flavored meat , Veggies or Panner wrapped or rolled in a Roti . This inspired me to make Tacos with Indian flavor /spicy chicken. I love the smokey. spicy flavor of grilled chicken and the fresh ingredients /toppings.
Chicken Tikka Tacos
2 lbs Boneless Chicken pieces cut into bite size cubes
Marinade for the Chicken
3 Tbsp Thick Yogurt
3 Tbsp Tomato paste
1 Tbsp Ginger & Garlic Paste
1&1/2 Tbsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder ( use more if u like it spicy)
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
½ Tsp Cumin powder
1 Tsp Chaat Masala
1/2 Tsp Turmeric
Salt as per taste
2Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 tsp Dried Mint
½ Tsp Salt
1 Onion Chopped
1 Tomato (seeds scooped out & chopped)
1 Avocado (Chopped )
Cilantro ( Chopped) & Lime wedges
8 Soft Tacos
• Wash the chicken pieces and pat them dry.
• Add all the marinade ingredients to the chicken and set aside for 4-6hrs or overnight.
• Soak 4-5 wooden Skewers in water for 5mins. Now arrange the chicken pieces to the Skewers and set them on a baking sheet.
• Preheat the Oven to 400*F. Bake the Chicken skewers for 20mins .Turn them once in b/w at 10mins.
• After 20 mins turn the Oven Setting to Broil and set it for 5-7mins to get a charred look.
• Mix the sour cream with Salt and dried Mint
• Warm the tacos lightly in a skillet .Spread a layer of sour cream mixture on the tacos followed by chicken pieces. Now add the Toppings & squeeze lime juice. Serve them immediately while they are warm.
Notes – For Vegetarian option you can use Panneer instead of Chicken but iam not sure of the baking time.
Thanks for stopping by and plz give your feedback by commenting at the bottom of the page.