Some days when I am in no mood to go shopping for vegetables, i just grab some panner from the fridge and get creative. Achari Paneer has become one of my favorite vegetarian recipes. I do love the Tikka Maslas and Butter Masalas which are quite rich, but when I am craving for more flavorful but a lighter version Achari paneer it is. The Pickling Masalas which go in it are robust and gives it a unique flavor . Its great to scoop with rotis or naan & makes a hearty meal. Hope you enjoy it as much as i did.
For Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Kalonji (Onion seeds)
- 1 Tsp Fennel seeds /Saunf
- 1 Tsp Mustard seeds / Rai
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
Ian a pan Dry Roast these spices for approx 2 mins ,cool them and grind them to a fine powder & set aside.
- 14 ounces Paneer ( cut into small cubes )
- 1 medium sized onion ( finely chopped )
- 1 medium size Tomato ( finely chopped )
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp Ginger and garlic paste
- 3 to 4 Tbsp Cashew nut powder
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 3-4 Dry Red chillies
- 1 tsp Corn flour
- 2 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Mango pickle gravy
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro & mint leaves.
- Salt as needed
- Take a wide pan and add oil , Dry red chillies followed by chopped onions ,tomato and ginger & garlic paste.Saute them for few mins on medium heat and then add the roasted dry Masala powder, coriander powder ,red chili powder ,cashew nut powder and corn flour & saute continuously for 2-3 mins until the oil stars to leave the pan.
- Now add the paneer cubes, yogurt, mango pickle and salt as needed and mix until everything is incorporated . Simmer it on low heat for 15 mins .
- Now add cream and you could add little water if you want if the gravy appears too thick. Simmer for another 10 mins.
- Lastly add kasuri methi & chopped Mint,Cilantro leaves ad switch off the stove. Serve with Naans or Rotis. Enjoy
5 thoughts on “Achari Paneer”
This was delicious!! Can’t wait to have it again
Thanks Rachel . Will bring it for you next time I make it 😀
Authentic and yummilicios!
Authentic and yumilicious!