Hi friends . Sorry it took me while to post a recipe due to a long summer vacation ,and getting back into routine is so much harder than i thought.Enjoyed my time thoroughly with family ,friends ,shopping and of course lots of food .After 5 weeks of no cooking and eating delicious food mom made, all i wanted to do after getting back was laze around and sleep.
Anyways .Who is ready for fall ? Well, I am not. Not ready to let go off summer yet .Will miss the fruit , barbecues ,fresh dips and the refreshing drinks. One of my favorite dip is guacamole especially home-made with fresh flavors of jalapeno and tangy limes. So, thought of adding the same flavors to my Hummus. This is the most creamiest & delicious hummus you will ever eat. It has the smokiness of the roasted peppers , spice from jalapenos and is super creamy with avocado. Enjoy.
Roasted Pepper and Avocado Hummus
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Garbanzo beans ( Soaked and Boiled or Canned)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Avocado ( Chopped )
- 2 Jalapenos (Chopped )
- 1 Tbsp Tahini Paste
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- Salt as needed
For Baked Pita Chips
- 6-8 No Pita Bread ( Store Bought )
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil or Oliveoil .
- 1 tsp Dry Italian Herb seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Place the green Bell pepper on the burner of a gas stove turned to High heat for approximately 3-4 mins turning often . The pepper will start to pop and blister. Roast it until completely Charred .
- Remove the charred pepper from the fire and set aside in a bowl. Cover the bowl with a lid so the steam does not escape. After 10 mins when the pepper is cool enough scrape the skin off from the flesh.
- Ina food processor or a blender combine Garbanzo beans , Roasted pepper , Chopped avocado,chopped Jalapenos , garlic cloves ,olive oil and blend it for 2 minutes.
- Now add lemon juice ,tahini paste and salt as needed and blend it until smooth for 2 more minutes.
- Scoop everything in to a bowl & drizzle it with some olive oil ,sprinkle with some cayenne pepper & serve with home-baked pita chips.
Pre heat the oven to 400*F. In a small bowl mix Oil , salt and Italian seasoning mix . Cut up Pita bread into 8 wedges and brush oil mixture on both sides . Place them on a baking sheet and bake them until crisp and golden for approx 6 to 8 mins.
Thanks for stopping by and please give your feedback by commenting at the bottom of the page.