Hi friends. Cant believe it’s the end of 2016. This year was filled with sweet memories of travel to my favorite places ( Paris, London , India ) , meeting family , wonderful moments with friends and loved ones and also starting this blog where I share my love of food and fashion. Although I was not able to post as much I wanted to ,as I work full time and was busy with other commitments , I hope in 2017 i will be able to give more time to this space. Its not the cooking which takes time but finding the right time to take photographs , editing them and writing up. So, to end the year on a sweet note my last recipe is a delicious cake recipe with my favorite ingredients.
Chai is something I Am addicted to I should say 😊. One evening after a tiring day , relaxing and sipping chai along with relishing vanilla cake slice ,thought in my head why not add this sweet , flavorful concoction in a cake .So the next day I baked this delicious , sweet goodness and took it to work ,which was a big hit. To add more moisture and softness added persimmon puree which complements the chai and cardamom flavors so well. Its almost the end of persimmon season and I can’t get enough of them 😀 He he. You could substitute the persimmon puree with apple puree too ( Just core the apple , cut up into pieces , boil till soft and puree them ) . Do try this recipe, you will be surprised how flavorful and delicious this cake is.
Wishing you all a Very Happy New Year filled with love , family , friendships and overall happiness and peace in whatever you are doing and wherever you are.
Chai Persimmon Cake
- 2 cups All purpose Flour
- 1.5 sticks butter ( 3/4 cup)
- 1.5 cups Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup Persimmon puree ( purée from Hachiya persimmons )
- 3/4 cup Chai ( premade chai liquid)
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder.
To make chai
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 -2 black tea bag ( depending on how strong you like )
- 4 whole cardamoms crushed to powder
- Boil water in a sauce pan and add the tea bags and crushed cardamom for 3 mins on medium heat . Now add milk and boil until it turns brick red color and reduced to 3/4 cup . Turn it off,remove the tea bags and set aside to cool to room temperature
- Pre heat the oven to 350*F. Mix flour, baking soda and baking powder and set aside. Spray a 9 inch bundt pan and set aside.
- In a bowl Beat Butter and sugar with an electric beater until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat for a min or two. Add half of the flour and mix for 2 mins .
- Next Add persimmon purée , chai liquid and remaining flour and mix for 2-3 mins until well incorporated. Pour the batter into the sprayed bundt pan and bake at 350*F for 55-60 mins .
- Let cool to room temperature and invert it onto a Cake stand. Dust confectioners sugar and serve it as dessert or with a cup of chai or coffee.
Thanks for stopping by .